Defense and Intelligence Council
The Defense and Intelligence Council (D&IC) leads PSC’s activities relating to the intelligence community, the military services, and the defense agencies. The D&IC is the principal venue for PSC members to interface with key government officials, provide input on acquisition policy issues, and shape upcoming procurements in the defense and intelligence sector.
The Priorities of the D&IC Include:
- Facilitating a productive dialogue between defense and intelligence government officials and the industry partners that support them.
- Improving the acquisition environment at DoD and the IC by reducing cycle times, improving requirements definitions, and dissuading the inappropriate use of LPTA and labor rate tripwires.
- Providing input on poorly constructed acquisition early in the procurement cycle to enable improvement.
- Contributing to the continuing improvement of the federal acquisition workforce by facilitating industry participation at DAU and NDU courses.
- Promoting the industry’s contribution and value by building on PSC thought leadership through research, op-eds, columns, speaking engagements, testimony and social media.
Recent Government Participants at D&IC Meetings Include:
- Under Secretary Frank Kendall (OSD AT&L)
- Assistant Secretary Katrina McFarland (OSD AT&L)
- Assistant Secretary Sean Stackley (Navy RDA)
- Jennifer Walsmith (NSA)
- Doug Wolfe (CIA)
- Lt. Gen. Wendy Masiello (DCMA)
- Anita Bales (DCAA)
2016 Goals and Objectives
- Continue engagement with DoD implementation of the Better Buying Power 3.0 initiative (BBP 3.0) and the Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000.74.
- Provide industry input as NAVSEA embarks on the creation of the successor to the SeaPort-e contract vehicle
- Expand newly-launched initiative engaging with defense components on requirement definitions, labor rates/tripwires, and contracting strategy.
- Expand opportunities for PSC members to participate in DAU training.
Members can participate in the council by logging in at this link.
Then select “committees and preferences” and click the box for the Defense & Intelligence Council from your options in the councils section. Hit save to complete.